2017 Student Council Q&A – Ellie Matelic

Emma Beck

More stories from Emma Beck

Guess who day 2
March 14, 2017
Guess Who
March 13, 2017

Name: Ellie Matelic

Grade: Junior

1.)Why did you decide to run for President?

“I decided to run for Senior Class President because I really enjoy being involved. As Class President, there are a lot of fun events to plan and everyone on the council works together to make each year the best. Student council has been a large part of my life for a long time now, and it’s something that I love to be apart of.”

2.)What do you hope to accomplish if elected?

“My goal is to bring the Class of 2018 together next year. Our high school years are coming to an end, and I feel that it is very important to realize how we are the leaders of the school now and many people will begin to look to us. I would really like a lot of participation senior year, and I encourage all of my classmates to get involved in something they may not have been involved in before.”

3.)If you could push for one change at FHC, what would it be?

“I would like to work with [the] administration to make senior sisters a bigger deal again. I would also like to work with them on next year’s service day because I love the idea, and I feel like a lot of people skipped out on it last year. It’s always great to be able to serve your community and give back, and I’d love to have FHC make a bigger deal about that.”

4.)What are extra- curricular activities you involved in?

“I am on the improv team, basketball team, and track team. I am also a member of The Broken Bottle Project and NHS. I am also a Girl Scout.”

5.)What traits do you think successful leaders possess?

“Kindness, approachability, and enthusiasm.”

6.)Anything else you would like to say to potential voters?

“I’ve been a representative of my class since 5th grade, so I would just like voters to think of who has been by them from the beginning.”