2017 Student Council Q&A- Sarah Obermeyer

Name: Sarah Obermeyer

Grade: Junior
1.) Why did you decide to run for Senior Class Secretary?

“I’m running for senior class secretary because it was my job this past year and it’s something I love to do. I love keeping organized, and I love taking notes to help keep things in order and running smoothly.”

2.) What do you hope to accomplish if elected?

“I hope to make our senior year the best possible. I think that during senior year, we are presented new opportunities that weren’t always available to us. I want to make sure we become the best possible leaders of the school. I want to make the class of 2018 great role models and also give us the best and most fun year possible.”

3.) If you could push for one change at FHC, what would it be?

“If I could push for one change at FHC, I would like to make our school more inclusive. I think now there are new pressures teens are dealing with, and there’s often lots of barriers that divide students. I would love to promote unity within classes and then between grades, promoting an overall environment of great school spirit and togetherness.”

4.) What extra-curricular activities are you involved in?

“I am currently involved in Student Council, NHS, varsity Basketball, chorale, and The Central Trend.”
5.) What traits do you think successful leaders possess?

“I think that a leader needs to be positive, innovate, friendly, and passionate. A leader should also have their full heart in important tasks at all times, and they need to listen to others to make the atmosphere as close to perfect as possible.”

6.) Anything else you would like to say to potential voters?

“The last thing I would say is when voting, make sure you use your best judgment to see who will make your senior year the best. This is our final shot to make things great, and we need to make sure we have a qualified and passionate student council to achieve this.”