Ellie Matelic – Junior Class President

Name: Ellie Matelic

Current Grade: 10th

Running For: Junior Class President

Q:Why are you running for Class President?

A: I enjoy having a say in what we as a class do and are trying to accomplish. I enjoy being a part of student council regardless of what the position is. It’s a big honor to be able to represent my class.

Q:Did you run for anything in previous years?

A: Yes, I was voted class HIT Team member in 5/6 school. I ran for middle school vice president in 7th grade but did not win so I remained on the council. I ran for freshman and sophomore class president and have won both times.

Q: What impact would you like to have on FHC?

A: I would like to lead my class to be one of the best. We have already accomplished so much here at FHC and it’s only going to go up from here.

Q: What separates you from other candidates?

A: I’m running unopposed.

Q: What would you like to change the most?

A: I would like a larger participation out of my class, so I am going to try to get as many of them to get involved as I can. Class participation is a huge aspect of doing well in homecoming and Winterfest events so if more of them were to participate we would do so much better. Prom is going to be a lot of fun next year and I hope the class and I can raise lots of money over the summer so we don’t go into much debt like classes have done in previous years.

Q: What other things are you involved in at FHC?

A: I was in the school play this past fall and I hope to be involved with theater again next year. I also play girls basketball and soccer.

Q: What is the most valuable characteristic within yourself that will help you run?

A: I feel that I am very kind and have good leadership skills. I try to include everyone in events that we do as well and make sure everyone’s ideas are heard.

Q: What teacher has influenced you the most during high school?

A: Señor Silvestre and Mrs. Penninga have definitely influenced me the most here at FHC. Their love for teaching is undeniable every day and they truly care and want the best for their students.