Maddie Paciorek– Board Secretary

Name: Maddie Paciorek

Current Grade: 10th

What are you running for: Secretary of the board

Q: Why are you running for Secretary of the board?

A: I am running for this position because I was secretary of my class this year, and am I interested in a higher position and even more involvement in student council. I also would like to see a balance of multiple grades represented on the board.

Q: Have you ever ran for anything in previous years?

A: Secretary of the sophomore class this year.

Q: What impact would you like to have on FHC?

A: I would like to encourage students to participate in various activities, and I want to be known as kind, approachable, and understanding.

Q: What separates you from other candidates?

A: I have a lot of time to dedicate to student council, and I also would like to meet and get to know students from not only my grade but other grades as well. I am also organized and have been told that I have very nice handwriting.

Q: What would you like to change the most?

A: I want to talk to and listen to other students’ ideas and opinions on assemblies, spirit days, prom, etc., for improvement.

Q: What other things are you involved in at FHC?

A: I spend a lot of my time involved in student council; however, I am in choir and was part of a DECA project this year, and plan on continuing these activities. I also have an interest in being a part of Model UN and Boost Club in the future.

Q: What motivated you to run?

A: Freshman year I had loved participating in student council activities, and wanted more responsibility in leading these activities. This year, I want to continue my involvement.

Q: What is the most valuable characteristic within yourself that will help you run?

A: I believe that I am responsible, dedicated, and approachable.

Q: What teacher has influenced you the most during high school?

A: I’ve had a lot of teachers that I’ve loved through my two years of high school so far, here are a few:

• Mrs. Penninga because she has shown compassion and helped me become more involved in school activities, like the Heart to Heart Charity Event last year.
  • Mr. Pierce and Mr. Chudy because they have helped me become more outgoing.
  • Mr. Lowe and Mr. Labenz because they have taught me how to be more understanding and have given me encouragement.