Senior Class prepares for its last year

As the school year is in gear, the student council has been working hard since last school year to come up with ideas on how to make this year better than all of the rest. One of the many people who participate on the FHC’s Student Council is Senior Class President, Logan Vredenburg who has been working especially hard to make sure that the Class of 2017 has the best year they could have.

“By graduation, I see our class as an entity that contains groups of friends that understand the importance of paying attention to and caring for others,” Logan said. “I see my fellow students going out of their way to be outstanding in their own fields, all while noticing and appreciating the accomplishments of others in the school.”

The senior class of 2016 came together as a class, more so than any other senior class within the past few years. This was the hope for the Class of 2017 with going on the retreat. Although the Class of 2017 is not the most unified bunch Logan explains our class as being “mature” because “most of the class is hardworking, and embraces the mindset and leadership responsibilities that come with being the oldest group of students in the school.”

By the end of the year, Logan hopes that the class will be known as “selfless” and “mature” because “it is a great quality to have as new adults. Being selfless is a quality that impacts others in positive ways while giving a sense of accomplishment to the individual being selfless.”

Going out strong is something that Logan highly desires, with being involved in both athletics and music he is able to interact with a lot of people on both ends and intermingle with more people rather than just one “side.” Given this opportunity, the hopes to unite both academics and musical talents and allow both of them to grow in unison.

“I hope the class comes together in ways like having sports teams visit academic and musical competitions, and vice versa,” Logan said. “By attending a concert, game, or contest with a group of like-minded friends, it will be easier for classmates to learn more about their peers, ultimately enriching the class pride.”

With a growing amount of unity, Logan hopes that not only will the senior class reach out to more people and make new relationships but also set their goals high for what they want to accomplish as a class.

“I hope to have many of the students of the senior class start traditions and set records in both athletic, academic, and other extracurricular activities,” Logan said. “This would include having senior State champions, All State band/orchestra/choir members, and a nationally acclaimed robotics team, to name only a few.”

By graduation, Logan hopes that the Class of 2017 does not change their own personal beliefs, but changes the attitude of the entire class in a way that they make new bonds, and all know each other on a more personal relationship in order to leave without any regrets.

People coming together and uniting as one strong class of leaders and people who want the best for others is the hope of many by the time May comes around. Not only will this happen with people making new friends but also with growing maturity levels and passion.