FHC’s annual Random Acts of Talent was worthy and comical

This year, FHC’s Random Act of Talent show exhibited a wide range, with a displayed profusion of unique abilities, including, beatboxing, Saturday Night Live skits, fashion shows, and singing duets. Sitting in the theatre, the lights dimmed and a hush fell over the audience, and the notorious and comical hosts, Mr. Chudy and Mr. Anderson, came out to introduce the first few acts.

Each year, the talent seems to get more and more diverse, and this year, it did not fail to disappoint. One of the first very talented acts was sophomore Abigail Stritzinger. Her contemporary dance, named “The Crumbling,” was emotional and hard to take your eyes off of. She captivated the audience and gracefully glided across the stage.

Ending Act One with a show-stopping performance was no other than Mary Derwent. Her annual clarinet performance made the crowd wild and cheer with enthusiasm. She played Hall of Fame and had the lyrics on the screen for the audience members to sing along to. Her exhilarating performance was memorable and seemed to be a crowd favorite.

The live performance and dance by juniors Amanda Riffe, Ellie Metallic, Jessica Henry, and Rylee Hyrnak was flawless. The pure voices singing “Scars to Your Beautiful” along with the technical and elegant dance really brought an appealing feel to the rest of the show.

Gretchen Shull’s beatboxing medley was fascinating and seemed to be another highlight of the night. She ended the show with a bang, and I think her remarkable and stand-out talent will never be forgotten.

Another performance that can not be forgotten was a sibling singing duet by Sarah Hubble and Shane Hubble. With Shane playing the guitar and both singing along, their duet of “How to Love” by Lil Wayne was pure and pristine. Also, the comedic speech by Mitchel Banks and surprise ending with his mom coming onstage left the audience with a chuckle.

And last but not least, the show-stopping performance by Gretchen Shull left the audience in shock and awe. Her beatboxing medley was fascinating and seemed to be another highlight of the night. She ended the show with a bang, and I think her remarkable and stand-out talent will never be forgotten.

At the conclusion of this years talent show, I think that it is apparent to all that the students of our school have impressive and memorable talents. And although our show was full of accomplished students, the two staff members who announced each act also made the show as amazing as it was. The annual hosts, Mr. Chudy and Mr. Anderson, had comical responses in between each performance and each year it seems to get better and better.

Overall, the students of FHC put on another succesful show, with talents ranging immensely. As the show came to an end and each act came running out onstage, the thundering boom of applause showed the amount of immeasurable approval from the audience for another humorous and reputable performance.