Student Council Q&A- Arshon Saadati

Name: Arshon Saadati

Grade: Junior

1.) Why did you decide to run for Secretary?

“I decided to run for Secretary because I want to make a positive change at our school.”

2.) What do you hope to accomplish if elected?

“I want to get students involved in the council decision-making process. I feel like with the current set up, the student council does not do a good job representing the wishes of the student body.”

3.) If you could push for one change at FHC, what would it be?

“I want more of the student body’s ideas presented to the council. I intend to be the voice of the student body and will bring fresh new ideas.”

4.)What extra- curricular activities are you involved in?

“My involvement with swimming has taught me so much about leadership. As a leader within the swim team, I have learned so much about teamwork and managing people. My involvement with the Odyssey of the Mind team has taught and refined my creativity skills, allowing me to come up with innovative solutions to our school’s problems.”

5.) What traits do you think successful leaders possess?

“A good leader should be a good communicator, creative, smart, and most importantly open minded. A strong leader is open to new ideas and willing to bring forward new ways of doing things.”

6.) Anything else you would like to say to potential voters?

“I invite my potential voters to picture what the ideal school would look like to them. Next, I invite them to question why our school isn’t like their ideal school. There are so many easy changes we could make to our school that would make it so much better. I know for certain I am capable of making the change we crave, so really, change is just one vote away.”