• March 254/12: M-STEP for 11th Graders
  • March 254/11: ACT WorkKeys for 11th graders
  • March 254/10: No school for 12th graders
  • March 254/10: SAT for 11th graders
  • March 254/10: PSAT for 9th and 10th Graders
  • March 254/20: Prom
  • March 253/28-4/7: Spring Break

Jacob Wiltjer

Jacob Wiltjer, Sports Reporter

Jacob is a senior at Forest Hills Central. This is his first year as a sports reporter. He has one brother that is younger than him. His brother, Justin, is 15 and goes to rival school Forest Hills Northern. Jake played baseball and tennis freshman year and also did stats for freshman basketball. After freshman year he stopped playing baseball to focus on tennis. Jacob's top 3 colleges are Western Michigan, Michigan State, and the University of Dayton.

Favorite part about FHC: Jacob's favorite part about FHC is the athletics and also hanging out and making new friends.

Hobbies and interests: Jacob likes to play tennis, and also watch sports and hangout with his friends.

Where will you find him on a Friday night: You can find Jacob at an FHC sporting event, or playing tennis.

All content by Jacob Wiltjer
A look ahead at MSU and OSU basketball

A look ahead at MSU and OSU basketball

Jacob Wiltjer and Nick Vermeulen January 22, 2018

Preview of Tonight's Two Big Ten Games: Jacob: 6 Michigan State @ Illinois Michigan State is on the road Monday night against the Fighting Illini of Illinois. The Spartans are coming off a win on...

Week 6 College Basketball Rankings Feedback

Jacob Wiltjer, Sports Reporter December 16, 2017

Week 6 College Basketball Rankings Thoughts: Villanova (11-0) Michigan State (10-1): Lost to Duke Arizona State (10-0) Duke (11-1): Lost to Boston College North Carolina (10-1): Lost to...

College football playoff reactions

College football playoff reactions

Tobey: Clemson vs Alabama: Clemson. This a game between the two teams in the national championship. I believe this game is going to go down to the offense for both teams and Clemson's offense is way...

Best College Basketball Conference

Best College Basketball Conference

Tobey Hendricks, Jacob Wiltjer, and Nick Vermeulen November 21, 2017

What is the best conference in college basketball? Tobey: When it comes to the talk of best conference it is obvious to say that the ACC is by far the best. It has Duke, North Carolina, Miami, and Notre...

Predictions and bold statements for semifinal football game against Livonia Franklin

Jake's score prediction: FHC 21 - Livonia Franklin 17 Why: FHC has preyed on young quarterbacks throughout the season, and has shown they can force turnovers against any team in the state. That won't...

College football playoff opinions

College football playoff opinions

The first College Football Playoff Rankings of the year came out this Tuesday, October 31st and to many people have had their opinions on it so far. The top 4 teams that would be in the playoff as of this...

MSU, U of M, and Ohio State Basketball Preview

Jacob Wiltjer, Tobey Hendricks, and Nick Vermeulen November 1, 2017

Michigan Basketball: After coming off of a pretty decent season, Michigan is losing arguably two of their better players that they have had in the 2000's. Those players are DJ Wilson and Derrick Walton,...

Sports Report Staff on NBA All-time Line-ups

Best All-Time Line-Up for Nick: PG: Russell Westbrook: Russell Westbrook is a current NBA player. He is a one of a kind player who is fast and has lateral quickness that is out of this world. Last year,...

FHC Sports Report - following the NFL

FHC Sports Report – following the NFL

MVP: The MVP is defined as the most valuable player each year in the National Football League. The past three winners of this award have gone to a quarterback. The winners were Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton,...

College Football

College Football

Jacob Wiltjer, Tobey Hendricks, and Nick Vermeulen October 30, 2017

Teams Looking to Make a Statement for week 9: Penn State vs Ohio State: Both Penn State and Ohio State are looking to make big statements this upcoming weekend. This may just be the biggest game...

JV tennis ends their season on a high note

Jacob Wiltjer, Sports Reporter October 12, 2017

The JV tennis team has had a very up and down season. They started off with a couple very tough matches and tournaments which caught the team off guard. Once the school year began and the team had more...

Player Profile: Ben Koning

Player Profile: Ben Koning

Jacob Wiltjer, Sports Reporter October 4, 2017

Name: Ben Koning Grade: Freshman Sport: JV Tennis Position: 2 and 3 doubles Ben has been a very strong asset to the team and has been a strong player. He has a lot of potential to grow as a...

JV Tennis suffers a tough loss to rival EGR

Jacob Wiltjer, Sports Reporter September 28, 2017

The JV tennis team had a big match at EGR against the Pioneers. This was their last scheduled match this year, and they did not have their best match. The Rangers went 0-7 in the match yesterday losing...

Player Profile: Mitch Bonner

Player Profile: Mitch Bonner

Jacob Wiltjer, Sports Reporter September 26, 2017

Name: Mitch Bonner Grade: Junior Sport: JV Tennis Position: 5 and 6 doubles Mitch has been on the team two out of his three years at FHC and he really enjoys the team all around. He has consistently...

JV Tennis Team keeps their winning streak alive, beats Lowell 8-2

Jacob Wiltjer, Sports Reporter September 22, 2017

The JV tennis team beat Lowell on Wednesday at home, losing only one match. The team won 8-2 against the Red Arrows, who they will not see again for the rest of the season. The team had a great overall...

Player Profile: Owen Thamban

Player Profile: Owen Thamban

Jacob Wiltjer, Sports Reporter September 20, 2017

Name: Owen Thamban Grade: Junior Sport: JV Tennis Position: 2 Doubles Owen is a 3 year JV tennis player and is very committed tennis player. He is also high in the lineup at 2 doubles. Owen...

JV Tennis teams cleans up NorthPointe Christian

Jacob Wiltjer, Sports Reporter September 15, 2017

The JV tennis team had a match at home last night against NorthPointe Christian, winning 5 out of the 6 matches. Only 4 doubles lost for FHC Wednesday night. NorthPointe only had 6 doubles flights, so...

JV Tennis teams struggles at the Rockford Invitational, but gets a big win against Northview

Jacob Wiltjer, Sports Reporter September 12, 2017

The JV tennis team had a couple of big matches this weekend at the Rockford Invitational. The teams in the tournament were FHC, Rockford, East Grand Rapids, Portage Northern, FHN, Hudsonville, Ottawa hills,...

Player Profile: Aidan Omeara

Player Profile: Aidan O’meara

Name: Aidan O'meara Grade: Freshman Sport: JV Tennis Position: 3 and 4 doubles Aidan has recently been one of the best JV tennis players on the team. He has had some big wins at 3 and 4 doubles...

Load More Stories