Freshmen Volleyball falls to rival FHN 2-0

Freshmen Cora Kelly and Lily VanSkiver were key to the freshmen Ranger volleyball teams performance despite a tough 2-0 loss to the rival Forest Hills Northern Huskies Tuesday night. Cora and Lily passed the ball along with some excellent hitting which was key in the first few moments of the game to get some confidence boosted. The Rangers lost the first game by only a couple, but the momentum of the Huskies in the second game was too hard to stop as the Rangers lost the second game out of the three as well.

The Rangers had the game in control and looked like they were going to win the 1st game strong. Cora and Lily were hitting hard and creating open hits for their teammates to score. But the Huskies stormed the back and stunned the Rangers 25-23. The Huskies momentum and confidence was too much for the Rangers to handle as they lost 15-25 losing 2 out of the 3 to the Huskies at Northern.

This loss moves the Lady Rangers at 0-1 to start conference play, but they look to bounce back next game. Lily Schuurman says that their goal is to focus on the next game, and beat Northern the next time they play. The Rangers square off against Northview at home next Tuesday, and will come out wanting a win in the conference.