• Leukemia and Lymphoma fundraiser: 2/18-2/22

• Next Hour Delay: 2/6

Varsity volleyball improves to 2-2 in the OK white after beating Cedar Springs 3-0

At their third consecutive home game, the Rangers would face off against the Red Hawks of Cedar Springs in their fourth conference match of the season. After 3 games, the Rangers would defeat the Red Hawks 3-0, putting the Rangers at 2-2 in conference play.

The first game of the night started out with constant back and forth scoring. Neither team was able to gain a solid lead. Senior captain Kendall Gardner was able to get a kill to put the Rangers up by one at 10-9. After Cedar Springs blocked an FHC kill to tie the score, head coach Colleen Shields took a timeout to talk to her team. Coming out of the timeout, Cedar Springs had two errors, starting the four point scoring run from the Rangers which eventually put them up 15-11. Despite the small run, the roller coaster of scoring came back, which was once again broken with another three point scoring run from the Rangers. Junior Kate Ryan was able to serve an ace, putting the team up 20-15 and making Cedar Springs use a timeout. The team was able to finish out the game 25-19.

Game two started with Cedar Springs gaining a four-point lead at 6-2, making Shields use a timeout right from the get-go. After the timeout, junior Katrina Bodkins, the leading hitter of the night, got a kill to end the scoring run. With many mistakes coming from Cedar Springs, the Rangers tied the game at 11-11. The team got their first lead of the game at 12-11 when Kendall came with another kill coming out of a Cedar Springs timeout. Following a point from the Red Hawks, the ladies once again went on a four-point scoring run, which was then ended by a kill from the Red Hawks. Fortunately for Central, they then got eight straight points to put the game at 24-13, a ball handling error from Cedar Springs gave FHC their 25th point to end the game 25-15.

Likewise to the first game, the third started with back and forth scoring. The Rangers were eventually able to get off the roller coaster, giving themselves a 14-8 lead after junior Katherine Fowler served up two aces in a row. The team pulled further ahead when Kendall contributed two aces and one hit along with Katrina. This put them up by ten and made the Cedar Springs head coach call a timeout. The game would end at 25-15 with a player from Cedar Springs hitting a serve into the net, a 3-0 victory for the Rangers to put them at 2-2 in the conference.

Alaina Tubbs, Sports Reporter

Alaina Tubbs is a senior going into her third year on the Central Trend staff as a sports reporter. In her free time she enjoys listening to music, bouldering,...