Freshmen Football bounces back to win 30-16 against Cedar Springs

Tommy Spaletto

More stories from Tommy Spaletto

Ally Francisco
May 22, 2020
Kelsey Toole
May 17, 2020
Aspen Strauss
April 29, 2020
Ella Kelly
April 24, 2020

After 2 tough losses to rivals FHN and Lowell, the Freshman football team bounces back against the Cedar Springs Red Hawks. The Rangers won by a score of 30-16 Thursday night. Freshman Sawyer Bosch ran the ball extremely well with help from the offensive line. The defensive line, led by new nose tackle freshman Isaac Gurley and freshman Mason Wiltz, performed very well, especially against a high scoring Cedar Springs offense.

The first half was a battle between the offense of both teams as 30 combined points were scored. Cedar Springs started the game off by running a Wing T, which includes sweep runs with a lot of blockers and is very hard to stop. The Rangers got beat by the Wing T the first couple plays. The Rangers went into the half trailing the Red Hawks 14-16. In the second half, we saw a whole new Ranger football team out there. The Ranger defense was impenetrable, shutting out Cedar Springs and not allowing them to sustain a solid drive down the field. The offense looked great, scoring 16 more points with help from Sawyer Bosch and the O-Line.

This puts the Rangers at a 6-3 record, and avoiding going 5-4 and a possibility at ending the season at .500. The Rangers have their season finale against the Wayland Wildcats at Ranger stadium next Thursday, which will be a key game, as 7-3 looks good on any football record.