College basketball: Wooden Award predictions

Tyler George, Sports Reporter

Wooden Award Predictions:

Tobey:

• Michael Porter- Coming out of highschool Michael Porter was the best player in the nation and one of the “best” players to come out of school. Playing at Missouri he is going to be the star player on this team and will have high stats.
  • Miles Bridges- There’s not much to say about Miles Bridges other than he was a projected top 10 pick and decided he would come back and play for another year with the Spartans.
  • Allonzo Trier- Last year Trier averaged 17.2 points per game and led Arizona to be a highly ranked team and I expect nothing but the best from Trier this year as he hopes to lead the Wildcats to a national championship

Nick:

• Keita Bates-DiopI think this is an underdog story. I am not confident in this decision but you never know. Right now Bates-Diop is averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds. He is on a team that is under the radar being Ohio State. With a new coach and coming off an injury this could be a huge year for Bates-Diop.
  • DeAndre Ayton – Ayton is a beast down low. He is averaging a double double with 19 points and 1 rebounds. He is only a freshman and is dominating.
  • Grayson Allen – Allen is most likely to win because he is a senior. He is a prolific scorer and a great passer. Because of his seniority he has been in this position. He will most likely take home the Wooden.

Jacob:

• Allonzo Trier- Allonzo is back as one of the best players in college basketball. He is averaging 30 points right now for the Wildcats and has all the weapons to be one of the best players in college basketball. He is teamed up with Deandre Ayton one of the biggest centers in the country.
  • Grayson Allen – Grayson is one of the best shooting guards in the country deciding to stay all 4 years to try and become a Christian Laettner type legend at Duke. After his problems with tripping in the past, he will have to step up this season and show his is a leader on the floor.
  • Miles Bridges – Miles is back and looking to lead the Spartans to the championship. He could have gone top ten in the draft last year but decided to return to make a difference at MSU. He is the leader the Spartans are looking for.

Tyler:

• Miles Bridges Sophomore Miles Bridges is as explosive of a player as they come by. After a standout freshmen year for the spartans, he was expected to be a top 10 pick in the draft. After deciding to come back to Michigan State, the spartans were put at #2 in the pre season rankings. He is known for big plays and doing it all.
  • PJ Washington -Freshman PJ Washington is a 6a��7 236 small forward with an athletic frame. Kentucky brings in a lot of big time recruits and Calipari is known for making them better. So far he has looked good in their early season games, and I think he will have a breakout season.
  • Michael Porter Jr.Coming in as the highest ranked freshman he has high expectations at Missouri. He is a 6a��10 G/F with a smooth stroke and handle. He has a high ceiling and is most likely going to be a one and done. The hype surrounding him will soon be justified.
Tyler George, Sports Reporter

Tyler will be entering his 2nd year on the FHC Sports Report staff. In the future, it's possible Tyler will go into a field involving journalism or sports...