Sophomore Patrick English Verbally Commits to the University of Marquette

Playing a sport for a long period of time takes heart, dedication, and love for the game. After 9 years of countless practices, sophomore Patrick English has verbally committed to Division One Marquette University for lacrosse.

This decision was not one made lightly, as English was being looked at by other D1 schools including Brown University, Syracuse University, and the University of Michigan. English says the coaching staff was a major part in his overall decision.

“A big factor was the coaches. I immediately liked the coaching staff at Marquette. The plans for the new facilities and buildings are also unbelievable. The atmosphere of the campus and all of Milwaukee is great.”

FHC Varsity Lacrosse coach Jack Seiler comments that Marquette had a very successful 2015 campaign, and is getting better and better every year. He also says that their coach believes in the potential of his team and pushes them every day.

This will work well for English, as Seiler describes him as someone who he can always count on to be giving 100% effort 100% of the time. Teammate and junior Tate Bond agrees, adding that English is one of the hardest and most dedicated workers that he knows.

“He’s the kid that stays after practice to get more reps and asks us coaches what he needs to do to get better every day,” Seiler said. “These attributes help set him apart from most other players. He puts in the extra work.”

English says that he tries to lift or run everyday. English has also been practicing with his club team, True Lacrosse, and the National Team all summer long to get strong and more valuable for upcoming seasons. According to English, after the varsity lacrosse team lost in the State Semis, English and the rest of the lacrosse team became even more highly motivated than before and have high expectations coming into this season.

Selier is excited to see English’s playing style in the upcoming season, saying that he is a tough nose down hill dodger, and that he is looking forward to see how English improved over the summer playing against the top players in the nation.

According to Seiler, he will be joining some of these great players as well as some top guys from Michigan when he moves to Milwaukee in two years, and can’t wait to see what English will do.

English believes that he would not be going to Marquette if he didn’t have support from his club coach, Dan Catzere and also his parents who have supported him throughout his years of playing, and he thanks them for their support.