Humans of FHC: Abigail Cool

“[High school] is a lot different from middle school. [Teachers] say they are preparing you, but it is the complete opposite of what you’d expect. So far, I think I have two classes with friends, and that’s including a required class, so it’s nothing like growing up and just having your friends there all the time. You definitely learn that if you’re not comfortable not having all of your friends around, well, you’re going to have to be. Especially with a lot of the advanced classes. I took French here last year, so I was kind of thrown into classes with sophomores and juniors which was really terrifying. I’m in French 2 [now], so I walked up here [last year]. I became very close-knit with them. That helped me transition. I kind of knew my way around the language hall especially. Other than that, I was kind of clueless. I got lost a couple of times, but you know, it’s all good. I really enjoy it now because I have my set schedule and I kind of know where everything is. But I really enjoy it here better.”

(Freshman)

Sarah Wordhouse, Public Relations Manager

Sarah is a senior and entering her second year as a writer for The Central Trend. During her free time, she likes taking drives and finding hidden gems of places, thrift shopping, record buying, and going out for brunch. She loves watching TV shows such as Jane the Virgin but loves getting lost in books even more. 

Favorite part of being on staff: Exploring new writing techniques, finding my voice, and meeting the wonderful people a part of it.

Favorite types of stories: Columns

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing (duh), belting out songs and dancing to them, binge-watching any and everything, and snuggling with dogs.

Favorite book and why: I love the Storm and Silence series because it has all of my favorite aspects of books in one.

It’s a Friday night, you will usually find Sarah: Either at her friend’s house or finding new worlds inside of words (AKA reading).