The freshman boys basketball team bounces back after first loss to win against Traverse City Central

On Saturday, the freshman boys basketball team took on Traverse City Central in Traverse City. The Rangers won 49-43 over TCC and played pretty consistent the whole game. Overall, each player showed up and made an impact, demonstrating their great teamwork throughout the game. During the first quarter, there was a lack of energy but after that, the boys picked up the pace.

The major turning point of the game was after halftime, the Rangers were down by two points and saw the opportunity to change that. Coming off of the East Kentwood game, they knew they could not afford another loss in their record. The boys used being down by two points motivate them and they picked it up on defense. They then went on a few streaks of points which helped them secure the win.

Freshman Jeremy James, who put up a solid 15 points during the game, led the team to bring the Rangers ahead for the win. Freshman Dawson Beach, who took control at the point guard position, also helped the team with his ability to open up several plays and opportunities that led to baskets.

The freshman boys basketball team is now 1-1 going into their next game against Eastern at home on Thursday.