Girls JV basketball dominates against Greenville to win 28-16

Girls JV basketball came out of the locker room last night eager to win against the Greenville Yellow Jackets. With a strong defense and quick passing on offense, the Rangers defeated the Yellow Jackets 28-16.

At the beginning of last night’s game, the Rangers had a slow start on offense but managed to keep the score close and finished the half only down 7-6 to the Yellow Jackets. Once again, the Rangers struggled to finish their shots in the first half. Beginning the second half, FHC started their comeback, as they have done in many previous games. Several scoring opportunities were generated off of forced turnovers that helped put the Rangers in the lead. Overall in the second half, the Rangers outscored the Yellow Jackets 22-9.

Leading the scoreboard in last night’s game were freshman Katie Tellier and sophomore Bryn Yoder, together scoring 17 points out of the team’s 28 total. Another key player on offense was sophomore Allison Schellenberg, who created multiple scoring opportunities for the Rangers. Standing out on defense was sophomore Ella Byam. Ella hustled to every loose ball on the floor, which allowed the Rangers to maintain their possessions.

After last night’s win against Greenville, the Rangers are now 1-1 in the OK White Conference and are 4-4 in their season. Their next game is Tuesday, Jan. 16 at Cedar Springs at 5:30.