Freshman boys basketball takes a huge win over Northern

The freshman boys basketball team made a huge comeback after its game Tuesday to defeat Forest Hills Northern 55-50 on Thursday. This was, as coach Kevin Banner said, “the best game of the season.” The boys have never beaten Northern before in their age group, so this meant a lot to the players and coach.

The Rangers led at halftime 31-22 due to the numerous offensive plays that were produced by the guards. It was an intense game throughout all four quarters and the hard work on both sides of the ball is what helped secure the win.

The Huskies made a comeback in the third quarter and closed the gap to only four points, the score being 39-35. Then, freshman Dawsen Beach made a huge three-pointer at the buzzer to change the momentum once again. This put the Rangers up 42-35 going into the last quarter. The Rangers then continued to play hard and ultimately secured the victory over this district rival.

Freshman Jeremy James had an amazing game, scoring 20 of the Rangers’ 55 points and grabbing 10 rebounds. Along with him, freshman Matthew Mahoney had his best game this season with 4 blocks and 5 rebounds.

Next week the Rangers will play Wyoming at home on Tuesday, and they look to continue their winning streak.