Boys swim and dive dominates against Grand Rapids Christian

Boys swim and dive earned almost double the score of its opponent last night, taking home a 115-66 victory over Grand Rapids Christian. With this big win, the Rangers remain undefeated. This meet was especially notable for senior Paul Jeong, who qualified for the MISCA invitational meet by achieving a time of 5:14.25 in the 500-yard freestyle and beating the required time by .54 seconds. This was very meaningful, as it was his last chance for qualification as a senior.

The team as a whole excelled in this meet, with many swimmers placing very high in a majority of the events. In the 200-yard Freestyle, junior Zach Stevenson took second place. Senior Matt Wilson then took first place in both the 50- and 100-yard Freestyles. Sophomore C.J. Heir achieved first place in his 500-yard Freestyle race to add some more big points for his team. Finally, freshman Josh Stevenson took third place in the 100-yard Backstroke. On the diving side, junior Ryan Talbot secured first place for the Rangers.

This large win against a very fast and skilled team was a confidence boost for FHC. The boys swim and dive team hopes to continue its undefeated record heading into Saturday’s meet at Grandville. This upcoming meet will be a competition just for the freshmen and sophomores of the team. The next full team meet will take place next Tuesday against East Grand Rapids, one of the team’s biggest rivals. With a solid start to the season, the Rangers look to continue their dominance going forward.