JV softball blows out Northview for two more wins

The JV softball team continued its winning streak and undefeated record last night with two blowouts over Northview. The Rangers’ high production on offense led to their 5th and 6th mercies of the season, with a 16-3 win in 5 innings and 19-3 win in 3 innings.

Rangers throughout the order had big nights at the plate that led to the 37 runs. FHN freshmen Kylie Halverson and Faith Addington came up big for this Central-Northern combined team, with Faith going 2-4 and Kylie 4-6 with a triple. From there, freshman Bela Gonzalez was hot all night with 2 triples and a double in her 5-7 outing. Sophomores Anna Breaugh and Jordyn Carlson went 1-3 and 3-6, respectively, each racking up a double. Freshman Katie Tellier hit .500 on the night, with a bright spot being her inside the park homerun, along with fellow freshman Sydney Farmer who went 2-2.

While offense was firing on all cylinders, the Ranger pitching was stellar as well. Faith took the mound in game one to face 21 and strike out 10, while sophomore Caitlin Snyder pitched in game two to strike out 1 and only give up 5 hits.

FHC remains unbeaten and has a perfect record in the OK White. With these two wins, the Rangers have won the series against Northview but will go on the road Wednesday for one more game against the Wildcats. Later in the week, FHC will take on Unity Christian at home for a non-conference double header.