Varsity softball completes the sweep of Ottawa Hills after enormous victory 47-0

Jake Heilman, Sports Editor in Chief

After winning in major fashion on Monday against the Bengals, FHC came back again even stronger and completed the sweep over Ottawa Hills Wednesday night. FHC came out fast with 21 runs in the first inning, including 2 hits and 6 free passes during the first time through the order. The Rangers only needed four hits in the first, as they had a total of 16 walks and hit by pitches.

The 21-run first inning was not the last of it from the Ranger offense. 15 runs in the second and 11 in the third made it a complete throttling and sent Ottawa well below the mercy line. Junior Tori MacLeod got it done on the mound and at the plate. She was perfect through three in the circle, and she was 4-5 with a triple, home run, and 9 RBIs.

Sophomore Maizey Szczepanek had four hits on the night as well, driving in four of her own. Juniors Lauren Middlestadt, Emma Davis, Alissa Richardson, and Jackie McLaughlin all had two hits each.

FHC moves on to Muskegon Mona Shores this afternoon and Lowell next week for the final week of OK white conference play.