Girls varsity lacrosse goes 1-1 this weekend at Northern to end the regular season

This weekend Forest Hills varsity lacrosse went 1-1 at Northern both Friday and Saturday to cap off an excellent regular season. FH crushed Brighton by a score of 17-4, but had a tough loss the following day to Cranbrook 18-17. FHC’s Kelli Bailey continues to be a bright spot for the Forest Hills offense, and FHN junior Molly Mullet continues to be lockdown for FH on defense. The team now shifts its attention to a pivotal playoff game against Hudsonville.

The game against Brighton was a great overall team win. Kelli, who has scored over 40 goals in her final high school season, continued to score at will for FH in an absolutely dominating performance against a well-rounded Brighton team. Molly brought the defense Friday morning, as the team only allowed 4 shots to reach the back of the net. The next day, FH took on Cranbrook after an extreme confidence booster on Friday. Cranbrook defeated FH by 1 goal late in the game, handing the team only its third loss of the season.

These games put Forest Hills at a final record of 11-3-1. FH now shifts their attention to the postseason, where they will try and reach their goal of winning a state championship. FHC’s first test will be Friday night against Hudsonville, which is sure to be a great showdown.