Girls varsity lacrosse goes 1-1 this weekend at Northern to end the regular season

This weekend Forest Hills varsity lacrosse went 1-1 at Northern both Friday and Saturday to cap off an excellent regular season. FH crushed Brighton by a score of 17-4, but had a tough loss the following day to Cranbrook 18-17. FHC’s Kelli Bailey continues to be a bright spot for the Forest Hills offense, and FHN junior Molly Mullet continues to be lockdown for FH on defense. The team now shifts its attention to a pivotal playoff game against Hudsonville.

The game against Brighton was a great overall team win. Kelli, who has scored over 40 goals in her final high school season, continued to score at will for FH in an absolutely dominating performance against a well-rounded Brighton team. Molly brought the defense Friday morning, as the team only allowed 4 shots to reach the back of the net. The next day, FH took on Cranbrook after an extreme confidence booster on Friday. Cranbrook defeated FH by 1 goal late in the game, handing the team only its third loss of the season.

These games put Forest Hills at a final record of 11-3-1. FH now shifts their attention to the postseason, where they will try and reach their goal of winning a state championship. FHC’s first test will be Friday night against Hudsonville, which is sure to be a great showdown.

About the Writers
Tommy Spaletto, Sports Report

Tommy Spaletto is a junior at FHC and enters his second year on the staff. He looks to finish out his remaining years in high school and he sees journalism...

Logan Thompson, Sports Reporter

Logan Thompson is a junior this year at FHC and this is his second year as a writer for Sports Report. He wants to continue writing through the rest of...