Boys varsity soccer defeats rival East Grand Rapids 2-1 in third straight win

The FHC boys varsity soccer team secured its third win of the season last night against the rival East Grand Rapids Pioneers. Junior Sammy Postlewait and senior Reese Walli came up big for the Rangers and continue to be the go-to players on offense. This big win for FHC gives them a lot of momentum heading into an enormous match against Ottawa Hills Tuesday night on the road.

Just like last game, Sammy put the Rangers up early 1-0 to get the confidence going. That confidence was important, as it helped in a big game against a tough opponent. EGR evened things up about midway through the game, and the tides turned again just like the Cedar Springs game last week. But as the seconds were ticking to the end of the game, Reese Walli scored his second game-winning goal to give FHC the win 2-1 and help the team win its third straight game.

This win could be the start of an OK White Conference title run for the Rangers. Beating two conference opponents and a very good EGR team is an impressive bounce back for a team that lost its first five games. FHC’s next test will be another conference opponent in Ottawa Hills. If the Rangers can remain consistent, they will cruise to victory in a big-time conference matchup.

Tommy Spaletto, Sports Report

Tommy Spaletto is a junior at FHC and enters his second year on the staff. He looks to finish out his remaining years in high school and he sees journalism...