Girls swim and dive blows the Grand Rapids Christian Eagles out of the water

Haisley Turnquist, Sports Reporter

The Lady Ranger swim and dive team put up a good fight against the Eagles this Tuesday at Calvin College. Both the swim team and the dive team put up great scores to finally defeat the Eagles.

Key players of this meet were sophomore Emily Johnson placing second in the 50-yard freestyle, sophomore Ellie Field placing second in the 400-yard freestyle, freshman Maggie Hier placing second in the 200 IM and 100-yard freestyle, sophomore Olivia Hooper placing first in the 100-yard backstroke, junior Olivia Luplow placing second in the 200-yard Freestyle and junior Maggie Zorn placing third in the 100-yard Freestyle. The dive team pulled through with senior Lauren Gesik placing first for the Lady Rangers.

The Lady Ranger swim and dive teams both competed hard this week and hope to bring home more wins the rest of this season. Their next meet will be at the Forest Hills Invitational this Saturday, September 22 at the Forest Hills Aquatic Center.

Haisley Turnquist, Sports Reporter

Haisley Turnquist is a junior at FHC, this is her first year writing for The Central Trend as a sports reporter.  Haisley hopes to continue writing the rest of high school and she also plays golf and basketball.

• Favorite part about being on staff: Hanging out and meeting new people and being able to go to sports she doesn’t typically go to.
  • Interests/Hobbies: Golf, basketball, hanging out with friends, fishing, and hiking.
  • It’s Friday night, you will usually find Haisley: Working, hanging out with friends, or hanging out with her family.