Freshman football preview: Cedar Springs Red Hawks

The Forest Hills Central freshman football team enters week six with a record of 4-1, coming off of a dominating 28-6 win over the Northview Wildcats. The Rangers come into the third game on their conference slate at 2-0 with wins against rival FHN and Northview. The Rangers will travel on the road to take on the Cedar Springs Red Hawks on Thursday.

The Rangers will have their hands full on defense against a Red Hawks Wing-T offense. Grandville ran this same type of offense and was the team to hand FHC their sole loss on the year. The Wing-T is a very run-oriented offense so playing well along the defensive line will be critical. The Rangers will look to freshmen Colten Jenkins, Conner Milton, Carter Kelly, and Stevie Wolf. If they are able to stuff the run on first and second down, Cedar Springs will be forced to throw.

Offensively, the Rangers will try to continue their tremendous balance on the ground and through the air. Freshman quarterback Hunter Robinson and running back Arash Kordbacheh will anchor the ground game. Hunter will look for big playmakers through the air such as Colten and freshman Jacob Bonnett, who has a great nose for the end zone. The Rangers know that this will be one of their toughest opponents to date. They will need to continue their trend of getting off to a fast start in order to pick up yet another conference win.