Girls swim and dive claims victory over Jenison 101-85

The Lady Ranger swim and dive team took on the Jenison High Wildcats last night in an intense competition. The team was able to pull through with a win, with a final team score of 101-85.  The girls went into this meet having only one conference loss this season.

One of the key swimmers during this meet was senior Jessica Schellenboom who helped the team by placing first in the 200-yard Freestyle and in the 500-yard Freestyle. Jessica also placed first in the 400-yard Freestyle Relay, along with juniors Maggie Zorn and Sarah Schenck as well as senior Kara Bolger. Jessica also placed first in the 200-yard Freestyle Relay along with junior Maggie Zorn, sophomore Emily Johnson, and freshman Maggie Hier.

Emily Johnson also contributed to the team’s final score by placing first in the 100-yard Freestyle, along with Maggie Zorn placing second, and she also placed second in the 100-yard Breaststroke. Emily also placed first in the Medley Relay with sophomore Olivia Hooper, freshman Maggie Hier, and senior Kara Bolger. Olivia Hooper placed first in the 100-yard Backstroke, Kara Bolger placed third in the 50-yard Freestyle, with Maggie Zorn placing second in the same event. Maggie Hier and Sarah Schenck both took on the 200 IM and placed third and first. Sarah also helped by also placing second in the 100-yard Butterfly.

Junior Olivia Luplow also contributed by placing second in both the 200-yard Freestyle and in the 500-yard Freestyle and sophomore Sarah Chesner placed third in the 100-yard Backstroke. Notable diving performances were made by seniors Lauren Gesik and Grace Clinger, who placed fourth and fifth, respectively.

The girls swim and dive team will be taking on the Spring Lake High School Lakers on Tuesday, October 23 for senior night at FHC, celebrating nine seniors, at the Forest Hills Aquatic Center.