Freshman volleyball goes head-to-head against Lowell and wins 2-0

Yesterday, the freshman volleyball team took on the Lowell Red Arrows in a back-and-forth game and came out on top winning the game 2-0. The final score of the first set was 25-23 and the final score of the second set was the same as the first. A big key to this win was the offense and defense; they were both played with enthusiasm and toughness. FHC received the ball to start and freshman co-captain Julia Carlson sent the ball back over to Lowell on a powerful hit, earning them the ball to serve.

Great playing all around was what won the game for the Rangers. There were some amazing digs by all of the Ranger team; the digs kept the Arrows from scoring and kept FHC in the lead. The offense was hot as well with Julia along with freshman Gabby Partlo getting set up for some killer hits and nailing Lowell countless times. The serves were on point, all of the girls got them in and a few of them also went on more serving runs once again.

FHC still holds an undefeated reputation. Their record is now 11-0, the win against Lowell secured their undefeated season, as they have played and won against everyone else. The freshman team has one more game on Thursday, October 25 at Greenville to face off against the Yellow Jackets.