• PSAT/SAT: 4/9

• Spring break: 3/28-4/7

• Varsity girls soccer game at home: 3/25

Freshman basketball loses to East Kentwood then gets redemption win against Traverse City Central

The Rangers started off the season with two tough matchups: one at East Kentwood and one at Traverse City Central. The first game, against the Falcons of EK, ended up in a 54-49 loss for the Rangers. The weekend was finished off with a 55-34 win against the Trojans of Traverse City.

East Kentwood is a team that loves to push the ball up the court, and the Rangers had to find a way to stop that. They started off the game a little slow, then managed to find a way to get shots to fall. FHC also managed to halt the offensive force of the Falcons, and even put some points on the board in the meantime. The game ended with EK on top, but FHC fought hard and showed a promising start to a long season. Freshmen Jacob Bonnet and Benny Scholler were two key parts—they led the team and allowed the Rangers to stay with their opponent. Both showed leadership and skill that allowed the team to persevere in the tough environment.

Traverse City Central played similarly to East Kentwood, meaning they loved to push the ball up the floor. The Rangers learned from the first game and managed to stop the Trojans in their tracks. The first half was close, then something changed at halftime. FHC pulled ahead and dominated, with the help of freshman guard Benny Scholler. He picked up the team with many clutch shots and crazy finishes around the rim. Along with him was freshman Rhosias Arius who played a key role on the boards. He lead the team in rebounding and allowed many second chance shots for his team with multiple offensive rebounds.

After the first week of freshman Rangerball, the team started out 1-1 but really paved a path for the rest of the season. The boys’ next game is against Grandville at home on Dec. 6.

Jacob Ervin, Sports Reporter

Jacob Ervin is a sophomore at FHC, entering his first year on staff. He is an aspiring student, and is planning to finish his high school career at Central....