Girls JV basketball goes 1-1 against Grandville and FHE

Last Thursday, the girls JV basketball team played the Grandville Bulldogs and had a strong defensive effort while playing both a man and a 2-3 defense. Although the girls went into halftime down 17-10, they came into the second half playing with more intensity.

In the second half, sophomore Katie Tellier was on fire with the boards while sophomores Morghan Tilton and Ella Sloat, along with freshman Julia Carlson, had great performances on defense. Although the ladies lost this game 29-23, they were able to quickly bounce back for a road win against Forest Hills Eastern last night.

The team took on the Forest Hills Eastern Hawks last night at Eastern and won 48-12, with key players Julia and sophomore Audrey Sidebotham scoring many points for the team.

Julia made many three-pointers to help out the team, and Audrey was the team’s leading scorer with 16 points. Sophomore Ava Metaj worked hard on offense to draw fouls and shoot some key free throws. The starting five of Morghan, Katie, Audrey, Ella, and Julia started the game off great by shutting Eastern down with impeccable defense, and they continued on with the even better offense, running all of their plays right and scoring many points. Both the starting five and subs were able to play strong and come out with a win against the Hawks.

The Lady Rangers continue on their season by playing against the Rockford Rams this Tuesday, Dec. 18 at Rockford.