Bowling teams secure first victories of the season against Ottawa Hills, 16.5-13.5 and 28-2

Monday night on the home lanes of AMF Eastbrook, the Rangers secured their first victory of the season. After being beaten in every match so far this season, the matchup against Ottawa Hills was something the teams were looking forward to ever since their defeat last week at the hands of Cedar Springs.

An absolutely dominant performance from the girls team and an all-around strong performance from the boys led to two wins, with the girls defeating the Bengals 28-2 and the boys winning 16.5-13.5.

With it being an open competition to make the boys varsity lineup each and every week, sophomore Tommy Payne was promoted this week to make his varsity debut. The rest of the lineup was filled out with the usual dependable juniors Ben Kastner, Alex Souza, David Mason, and Shane Hubble. Ben led the way for the boys team, bowling a 182 en route to the 16.5-13.5 victory.

In an overall dominant performance, the girls team was led by seniors Sydney Payne and Zoey Guikema on the way to the 28-2 victory. In the first game, Sydney led the team with a very impressive score of 125. This first game put the Rangers on the front foot, as they jumped out to a quick lead. In the second game, Zoey was the leading scorer with a 109. The second game was slower, as Ottawa Hills scored both of their points in the second; however, the Rangers still dominated.

With a win this week, the Rangers will be looking to carry this momentum into the rest of the season. On Wednesday, FHC takes on Lowell for the first time this season. Both teams will be looking to improve their records after their 1-3 starts to the season.

Matthew Mahoney, Sports Reporter

Matthew is a sophomore at FHC and is writing for his first year on the FHC Sports Report. He plays soccer for Midwest United FC in the spring, FHC during...