• Leukemia and Lymphoma fundraiser: 2/18-2/22

• Next Hour Delay: 2/6

Lackluster performances from FHC bowling teams lead to losses to FHN, 25-5 and 26-4

After a huge win for the boys against Greenville earlier this week, both bowling teams looked to keep the momentum of their season going against the best team they’ll bowl against all season, Forest Hills Northern. Earlier in the season, both the boys and girls were rolled over by the Huskies with scores of 26-4 and 25-5, respectively. After some early-season improvements, it looked like it was going to be a closer game on Wednesday.

Unfortunately, that was not the case. The boys team started off slowly and couldn’t gain any momentum throughout the matchups. Sophomore Tommy Payne and junior Alex Souza led the way for the boys with scores of 165 each; however, that wasn’t enough, as the magnificent bowling from the Huskies, combined with the lackluster play from the Rangers, led to a resounding 25-5 defeat.

For the girls team, it was more of the same. The girls started off slowly as well, with the high score in the first game for the Rangers being senior Zoey Guikema’s 118. The girls saw some improvements in the second game, as individual performances improved. Senior Sydney Payne led the way in the second game with a very respectable score of 139. The Lady Rangers ultimately fell 26-4.

Overall, it was a day to forget for the Ranger bowling teams. Although FHN is a very good bowling program, these were two tough losses to swallow. The Rangers will look to turn things around on Monday after this loss when they take on the Northview Wildcats, a team they were beaten badly by last time.

Matthew Mahoney, Sports Reporter

Matthew is a sophomore at FHC and is writing for his first year on the FHC Sports Report. He plays soccer for Midwest United FC in the spring, FHC during...