• Leukemia and Lymphoma fundraiser: 2/18-2/22

• Next Hour Delay: 2/6

Boys swim and dive wins third conference meet against Catholic Central 113-69

Last night, the boys swim and dive team competed against the Catholic Central Cougars. The Rangers showed tremendous improvement and were able to 1-2-3 sweep in numerous events and capture many event titles. FHC was able to win its third conference meet 113-69.

Many swimmers from the team were able to win their events. Senior Charlie Krug won the 100-yard Butterfly with a time of 54.81. Sophomore Avery LeTourneau, who has been one of the team’s leading swimmers, placed first in the 50-yard Freestyle with a time of 54.81. Senior Henry Schutte, who has led the team with event titles, placed first in the 200-yard Freestyle and the 100-yard Backstroke with times of 1:44.95 and 57.55, respectively. Charlie, Avery, junior CJ Hier, and senior Kaz Iwatsu placed first in 200-yard Individual Medley relay with a time of 1:43.78.

The divers were led by freshman Cole Hysong and senior Ryan Talbot. Cole, who has grown the most in diving, placed first with a total of 222 points. Ryan placed second with a final score of 204.50 points.

This win puts the Rangers’ overall record at 5-2 and their OK White conference record at 3-0. The Rangers will continue to work toward their season goals and try to win the conference. Next week, the Rangers will be facing off against their biggest rival, East Grand Rapids.