Boys freshman basketball dominates Lowell 60-11 on the road

The boys freshman basketball team played in Lowell last night, utilizing all 14 guys to pull out the 60-11 win. Head coach Adam Monroe started his usual bench players this game in order to give them a new look on the season, and the tactic didn’t disappoint.

The start of this game was much like every single one this season; the Rangers had great defensive ball pressure, leading to copious turnovers and easy buckets on the other end. The starting five guys gave the energy needed in order to maintain a big lead the whole game.

From the start, it was evident that the Rangers were the favored team, and throughout the whole first half this was true. They came out hot with a few buckets from freshmen Joey Seurnyck and Joe Murdock. Although they didn’t shoot their best, the Rangers came out firing on all cylinders, finding easy baskets down the stretch and some free throws. The second quarter was much like the first, and the Rangers even kept their opponent to single-digit scoring, which hasn’t been done this season so far.

The Rangers ran out of the locker room and onto the court full of energy. Although they had a different line-up, they had the same outcome. Every single Red Arrow player was stunned to see that all 14 of their opponents kept up intense energy and ball pressure all game. The Rangers ended up close to doubling their points from the first half and still held Lowell to only 11 points total in this game.

This 60-11 win now leads the Rangers to 12-2 on the season. They are also leading the OK White with an unblemished 7-0 conference record. Their next game is Thursday, Feb. 14 at home at 4:00 p.m. against the Bengals of Ottawa Hills.

“We had no one really stand out this game,” head coach Adam Monroe started. “Instead, we were able to get all 14 guys going early, and it lasted all 32 minutes. It was a team effort and a good win today.”