• BREAKING NEWS: Last day of school is 6/7 with no days to be added

• Senior graduation: 5/21 at 7 p.m.

Gymnastics competes in State Meet after narrowly qualifying

After narrowly qualifying for the State Meet, the Forest Hills gymnastics team had a tough time against the best teams in the state. By the end of the meet, the team had taken home last place by only a small margin with 134.1 points.

Junior Hannah Walters led the team with a total of 33.525 points overall at the meet. Her vault performance scored an 8.300 for the night, and her bars routine received an 8.250. Next up was her beam routine, in which she scored an 8.225. Lastly, her floor routine had a score of 8.750. Her floor routine ended up being her highest score of the night, and she scored second-highest from her entire team.

The only other gymnast from Forest Hills Central to compete was junior Olivia Jeong. Olivia’s overall score was 32.850, and she competed in every single event along with Hannah. To start off her meet, Olivia scored an 8.300 on the vault event. Her second event was the bars, and she went on to receive a 7.725; however, she next competed in the floor event and received her highest score of the night with an impressive 8.775. Lastly, in the beam event, Olivia’s routine scored an 8.050.

After the conclusion of the State Meet, the Forest Hills gymnastics team season has come to a close after notable success. The only senior to exit the gymnastics program from FHC will be senior Maheen Mulligan, who was unable to compete in the State Meet due to an injury. 

Zoe Lipke, Sports Reporter

Zoe is a sophomore in her second year on The Central Trend. She is writing for the sports report this year. Zoe partakes in girls basketball at our school,...