Name: Meredith Vanskiver
1. Have you ever been in the musical before? If so, for how many years?
“I’ve never been involved in FHC Theatre before, so this is my first year!”
2. What are you most excited about for the show?
“I’m most excited to show off the months of hard work that the entire cast has contributed to.”
3. What makes you fit your role so well?
“My role is Gad’s wife which isn’t too different from the ten other wives in the show. However, I think as a group, we all fit very well because we can all fall into character easily and aren’t afraid to have fun.”
4. What is your favorite part of being involved in theater?
“Getting to meet so many wonderful people that I am now so close with [has been my favorite part]. It’s crazy that there used to be a time where I didn’t talk to these people every single day.”
5. What was the most surprising thing to you about this year’s show?
“I was very surprised at how fast-paced the show is. It has just as many, if not more, songs than any other musical FHC has done, but because there is no dialogue in between, the show goes very quickly.”
6. What have been some difficulties with your role or at rehearsals?
“In the very early stages, we were given a great multitude of choreography in one sitting and had to quickly pick it up so as to not fall behind. The snow days also proved to be challenging for rehearsals.”
7. How has this experience influenced your high school career?
“This experience has impacted my high school career in an insanely positive way. I have never felt this close to a group of people or more proud of a combined effort ever in my life before.”
8. What should audiences be most excited for?
“To see 36 high schoolers and 43 kids having the time of their lives on stage [is what the audience should be most excited for.”