Name: Brendan Wendlandt
1. Have you ever been in the musical before?
2. What are you most excited about for the show?
“I’m most excited to perform in front of an audience after so many weeks of practicing.”
3. What makes you fit your role so well?
“I play an Elvis [Presley] impersonating pharaoh which is pretty fitting for me because I’m an Egyptian man with noodly legs that can bend well.”
4. What is your favorite part of being involved in theater?
“It’s cliche, but it would have to be the people involved. It’s a great group of students, and I would not have known most of them had it not been for the musical.”
5. What was the most surprising thing to you about this year’s show?
“[The most surprising thing is] how unique it is. It explores a lot of different genres and tells a biblical story in a very interesting way.”
6. What have been some difficulties with your role or at rehearsals?
“Getting fully into character was tough for me initially because I have never done a musical before. It was hard to be so animated with my character.”
7. How has this experience influenced your high school career?
“It was really unlike anything I’ve ever done, and it put me out of my comfort zone in a good way. I had never acted before or sung, so it was a great opportunity to do something I hadn’t.”
8. What should audiences be most excited for?