• BREAKING NEWS: Last day of school is 6/7 with no days to be added

• Senior graduation: 5/21 at 7 p.m.

Girls JV soccer throttles East Kentwood 11-0

Sophomore Rachel Toole propelled the girls JV soccer team to victory against the East Kentwood Falcons thanks to her 3 goals. The goalscoring in the 11-0 victory came from many sources, but freshman Addi Tack led the way alongside Rachel with 3 goals. The game was an absolutely dominating performance, as the game ended at halftime due to the mercy rule.

At the beginning of the game, the Rangers struggled to show their dominance, as they did in the second half of the Rockford game. The girls struggled to string passes together, as the game was chaotic throughout the first five minutes. However, once they got into their groove, the goals started to come.

After five minutes had passed, Addi Tack started the scoring off. Just minutes later, she doubled the lead and the floodgates opened. The Rangers began getting plenty of shots on goal, and they were taking advantage of their opportunities. The team was winning its individual matchups, passing circles around the Falcons, and crashing the net on rebounds from the goalkeeper.

With Rachel’s 3 goals, Addi’s 3, and freshman Claudia Folkert’s 2 goals, the Rangers raced to a quick mercy and ended the game at halftime. The girls will try to pick things up from where they left off when they take on Grand Rapids Christian on Monday.

Matthew Mahoney, Sports Reporter

Matthew is a sophomore at FHC and is writing for his first year on the FHC Sports Report. He plays soccer for Midwest United FC in the spring, for FHC...