Boys JV lacrosse dominates in second win of the season 19-1 against Saline

After a week and a half break, the boys JV lacrosse team blew out Saline 19-1. Coming off of a 15-1 win against Haslett, the boys managed to blow out another opponent in their second game of the season.

The Rangers came out firing on all cylinders early in this match. After a quick faceoff win, freshman John Tomsheck scored the first goal of the game to give his team the early lead.

The defense managed to stop the Hornets in their tracks and kept the first half scoreless for their opponent. Leading them was sophomore captain Sawyer Bosch, who denied anyone that attempted to get near the net. On the other end of the field, sophomore Collin Ward racked up a few more goals as he put two more in by halftime.

“I’m really proud of how we came out of spring break with high intensity,” Collin said. “To get a win like that in the fashion we did is always a good sign.”

Freshman Miles Duiven opened up the second half with yet another shot in the top corner, boosting the lead to 12. Having a much more comfortable lead, the Rangers held the ball in order to waste time. After a few minutes went by, Saline defenders started to get a little more aggressive and even knocked the ball out and went downfield. Although freshmen goalies Charles Mehney and Mac Boike were outstanding the whole first half, one of the Hornets shots slipped through to put them on the board. After seeing this, the boys raised their lead by 2 more and finalized the game 19-1 securing their second win of the season.

A solid second win brings the Rangers to 2-0 with conference play on the way. The team’s next game is Thursday, April 11 at home against the Pioneers of East Grand Rapids.