• Senior graduation: 5/21 at 7 pm

• Singsational: 5/9 at 7 pm

• Band's spring concert: 5/7 at 7 pm

• Orchestra's spring concert: 5/6 at 7 pm

• Half day: 5/10

Boys JV lacrosse uses six man hidden ball trick in their 17-10 win against Hartland

After its huge rivalry win over East Grand Rapids on Thursday, the Boys JV lacrosse team traveled two hours to play Hartland, a team that is ranked in the top ten in the state. The Rangers were down early but took the lead late in the game in order to beat the Eagles by a score of 17-10.

The first half was a nightmare for the Rangers. Although they started off with a goal from freshman John Tomsheck, they couldn’t keep the momentum afterward. Throughout the first half, the Eagles maintained the majority of the possession as they buried 2 shots to bring their lead to 2-1. The rest of the half was back-and-forth for both teams. Each goalie would make a few save and then the shots would start falling, more so for the Eagles rather than the Rangers. After scoring the first goal, Hartland took the lead and never let go, ending the first half with a 6-5 advantage.

John led the team with 5 goals on the day, scoring three in the first half. The sophomore trio of d-poles Sawyer Bosch, Jacob Campbell, and Deacon Lobdell aided the Rangers, allowing very few threatening attacks from Hartland in the second half. On the offensive end, freshman Miles Duiven and sophomore Collin Ward added to the team’s goals tally.

In the second half, the Rangers took control of the game. They caught their opponent off guard with a quick counterattack and tied it up early. Shortly after, the momentum completely flipped and FHC closed down the third quarter, going on a 9-1 run. After a few goals, the Rangers ran a very unusual play; they set up 6 guys in a huddle on the left side of the field, with one guy who had the ball. After they decided who would keep it, they all ran towards the net and pretended to shoot, confusing the defense and goalie while John took the real shot. The befuddled defense of the Eagles fell back further and further as the game went on. After completely taking over the third quarter, the Rangers shut down the game, only allowing 3 more goals while scoring 2 themselves.

The Rangers won 17-10 and now sit at a 4-0 record. Their next opponent is Brother Rice in a huge non-conference matchup, who they play at home on Tuesday, April 16.

Jacob Ervin, Sports Reporter

Jacob Ervin is a sophomore at FHC, entering his first year on staff. He is an aspiring student, and is planning to finish his high school career at Central....