Boys JV lacrosse takes first loss of the season against Brother Rice 14-7

Boys JV lacrosse suffered its first loss of the season to a highly-skilled Brother Rice team 14-7.

Unlike the majority of the games thus far, the Rangers started down a goal. The quick offensive struck and tight defense of the Warriors showed FHC something they have yet to play against and really stunned them. In the first 2 minutes of the game, the Warriors went up 1-0 with a screen play and the easy dump down for the goal. The Rangers were unable to figure this out, as it happened 4 more times in this half. With 3 minutes to go in the second quarter, freshman John Tomsheck ripped his shot into the back of the net. Freshman Miles Duiven followed that goal up with yet another goal making it 5-2 with Brother Rice up at the half.

The defensive backline of sophomores Sawyer Bosch, Deacon Lobdell, and Jacob Campbell was essential throughout the game; however, they could only sometimes stop the strong offensive presence of the opponent. Freshman Jack McNamara and Miles Duiven both had stellar games as they each had a few assists. Along with them, was sophomore captain Collin Ward who had 2 amazing goals, both being in the second half of the game.

In the second half, the Rangers started to figure it out on offense. Collin started off the third with a blistering shot in the back of the net. After that, it was back and forth. Each team would push the ball and score until finally, the horn blew to signal the end of the quarter.  Unfortunately for the Rangers, the offense for Brother Rice was too much for them and they added 3 more goals to the scoreboard by the end of the third making it 8-5.

In the final 10 minutes of the game, the Rangers added 2 more goals while the Warriors brought their lead up to a comfortable 14-7 as the horn sounded. This would end the Rangers winning streak, and brought their record to 4-1. Their next game is at Forest Hills Eastern on Thursday, April 18.