Girls JV soccer dominates Northview en route to 8-0 mercy win

Matthew Mahoney

More stories from Matthew Mahoney

Jaden Talley
January 20, 2021
Top 5 Winners
November 30, 2020

Scoring was an all-around affair on Wednesday for the girls JV soccer team, as seven different players scored for the Rangers en route to an 8-0 mercy win over Northview. After starting off the conference season with a 4-1 victory over Forest Hills Northern, a favorable matchup against the Northview Wildcats looked like it would add to the momentum.

For the entirety of the game, the Rangers dominated the match. On the defensive half, the Wildcats created very few offensive chances and the girls didn’t have to deal with much. Offensively, the girls picked apart the Wildcats, playing through balls down the wing and creating tons of chances off of crosses.

Two freshmen started off the scoring, as Addi Tack and Ruthie VanSkiver got the Rangers off to a quick lead. Adding to the lead before the half was sophomores Eden Growney and Ashley Bowen; Ashley headed her shot beautifully into the left corner via a pinpoint cross from sophomore Mia Rabideau.

In the second half, the goals came quickly. Sophomore Morghan Tilton started things off, and she was quickly followed up by another goal from Addi. Mia increased the lead to make it 7-0, and sophomore Addi Whitten secured the mercy with 25 minutes to go in regulation, ending the game.

This win brings the Rangers to 5-0-1 on the season moving into their final game of the week against Cedar Springs. The girls are building momentum at the perfect time moving into the meat of the conference season.