Track and field takes on the OK White Quad

Yesterday, track and field had its OK White Quad at home against Lowell, FHN, and Northview. The boys started off on a high note when sophomore David Whittaker placed third followed by freshman Rhosias Arius in fourth in the 200-meter. In the 400-meter, senior Geoffrey Batterbee placed first followed by senior Kai Hagadorn in third and freshman Sam Yeager in fifth. In the 800-meter, senior Jacob Ball was the only FHC runner to place and he placed in first. Geoffrey continued to perform well, he went to place first in the 1600-meter. Then junior Gabe Carlson placed first in the 3200-meter.

In the 110-meter hurdles and 300-meter hurdles, sophomore Dallas Hopson placed fifth, in the 300-meter hurdles, he came in behind senior Noah Stout who placed first. In the relays, the Rangers took first in two out of four of them, in the other two, they placed second. Senior Ryan Talbot placed second in the shot put, high jump, and pole vault. Junior Brendan Guitar was the highest scorer for FHC in discus and placed fourth.

For the ladies, in the 200-meter, senior Claire Baguley placed first followed by senior Madisyn Bunke in third. Claire also placed first in the 400-meter, with Courtney McAlindon in fourth. Freshman Rachel Marco made an appearance in the 800-meter and placed fourth with junor Chloe Zeien in fifth. Courtney placed first in the 1600-meter and junior Nicole Marco placed second. Nicole placed first in the 3200-meter with Courtney in second and senior Susannah Bennett in third. Only one of the four relays placed in first for FHC. In discus, freshman Grace Hudkins placed second. In the pole vault, senior Kelsey Becker placed first followed by junior Sami Walquist in third. Finally, Madisyn represented FHC in the long jump by placing third.

The team will travel to Cedar Springs on Saturday, May 4, to compete in its next invite.