• BREAKING NEWS: Last day of school is 6/7 with no days to be added

• Senior graduation: 5/21 at 7 p.m.

Girls JV soccer routs crosstown rival FHN in 6-0 win

Coming off of a mercy win against Greenville, the girls JV soccer team continued its momentum with another blowout win, this one over rival Forest Hills Northern.

The Rangers dominated the game from the very beginning. Sophomore Ashley Bowen started off the scoring with a curved cross from a corner that went directly in, giving the Rangers a 1-0 lead. Sophomore Mia Rabideau scored to make the lead two, and freshman Addi Tack quickly followed to make the score 3-0. At halftime, the Rangers led 4-0 and were yet to give up a threatening chance to the Huskies.

In the second half, the domination continued. While it didn’t show on the scoreboard, the Rangers had the ball for a vast majority of the half. The game started to get chippy in the second, with FHN receiving 5 yellow cards. The Huskies struggled in the offensive third, and the Ranger defense shined. FHC would go on to score twice before the end of the game to officially seal the victory.

With this win, the girls advance to 10-0-1 overall and 6-0 in the conference. With a rematch against Northview on Monday, the girls will look to sweep the Wildcats on the season and improve their record.

Matthew Mahoney, Sports Reporter

Matthew is a sophomore at FHC and is writing for his first year on the FHC Sports Report. He plays soccer for Midwest United FC in the spring, for FHC...