Boys JV lacrosse wins sloppy game 9-5 against Rockford

Boys JV lacrosse won a sloppy game against the Rockford Rams 9-5 with the help from a strong offensive presence. Although the Rangers didn’t play their best, they closed out a tough game to improve their record to 11-1 and 5-0 in conference play as the season comes near its end.

The first half started off quick for the Rangers, as they won the faceoff and ran the field for a goal to set the pace. It was scored by freshman Miles Duiven, who has been outstanding in the season so far and will continue to be a huge threat. Shortly after, the Rangers scored again really putting the pressure on their opponent. FHC took the lead early, but the Rams weren’t going to quit. They put a few goals on the Rangers as both teams went back and forth. The back line of Central consisted of sophomores Jacob Campbell, Sawyer Bosch, and Deacon Lobdell. These three put in the work as they allowed only two goals at half. Leading them was freshman goalie Charley Mehney who was crucial in this low scoring thriller.

The second half started out well for the Rams, as they scored a heater shortly after a faceoff. Although the Rangers still had a three-point lead, their opponent refused to let down. FHC got a bit sloppy with three back-to-back penalties, giving the Rams a good chance and handing them three easy goals. A three-point lead went to a one-point lead until the Rangers jumped back to action with a few more goals lead by sophomore Collin Ward.

The boys play Forest Hills Northern on Thursday, May 9 to clinch the conference.