• BREAKING NEWS: Last day of school is 6/7 with no days to be added

• Senior graduation: 5/21 at 7 p.m.

Dominant pitching by Sean MacLeod leads JV baseball team to 3-2 victory over Lowell

The Forest Hills Central JV baseball team was able to clinch its 3-game conference series over Lowell with a 3-2 win, thanks in large part to an incredible pitching performance by sophomore Sean Macleod. Sean threw all 7 innings, walked none, allowed just 5 hits, 2 runs, and struck out 8 Red Arrow batters.

In the top of the 3rd inning after sophomore Dawsen Beach singled in fellow sophomore Jeremy James, Sean was able to help his own cause. He smacked a double to right center, plating both Dawsen and sophomore Nathan Sigg, extending the Rangers lead to 3-0. Lowell was able to get 2 runs back in the bottom half of the 3rd, but Sean was able to strike the last 2 batters out to keep the score at 3-2.

Sean was able to throw 19 first pitch strikes, helping him to get ahead of almost 75% of the batters he faced. Lowell was able to collect 4 of their 5 hits in the bottom of the 3rd, only collecting 1 in the other 6 innings. Hits were few and far between for both teams, as the Red Arrows’ pitcher was equally as dominant as Sean, allowing just 6 hits, 1 walk, and striking out 9 Ranger batters.

Jeremy and Sean both had 2 hits, and Nathan had a walk and a hit. In the bottom of the 7th, with all the pressure on, Sean was able to once more shut the Lowell bats down.

With the victory, FHC improves to 8-5 on the season. The Rangers will be back in action on Monday when they host East Grand Rapids for a doubleheader. 

Sam Tuori, Sports Reporter

Sam Tuori is a sophomore at FHC and this will be his first year on the sports report. Sam plays on the JV Football team.  He enjoys all things sports...