• BREAKING NEWS: Last day of school is 6/7 with no days to be added

• Senior graduation: 5/21 at 7 p.m.

Electric offense fuels boys varsity lacrosse to 19-2 win over FHN

Picking up right from where they left off against Rockford, the high-powered Ranger offense started off hot against Forest Hills Northern on Thursday.

Throughout the entirety of the first half, the usual starters for FHC played and showed the disparity of talent level between the two teams. The Ranger offense was playing some of the best lacrosse they have this year, scoring 14 goals in the first half. The entire half showcased the ability of the Rangers, and they went into the locker room leading 14-1.

Junior Jackson Clay exploded for another dominating offensive performance, scoring 4 goals and dishing out 4 assists. Seniors Evan Metaj and Luke Majick had a hat trick apiece as well as an assist to each of their names.

With five players leaving at halftime to make it to Film Fest, more players got their opportunity to showcase their talents. One person who did not leave, however, was senior Logan Wedder, who won 22 out of 24 faceoffs, continuing his domination in the middle of the field. Sophomore Carson Deines and seniors Tate Hallock and Kyle Collar each scored 2 goals on the day, and the second half was more of the same.

When the defenders were called on, which wasn’t very often in this game, they did their job well, showing the physicality they have been improving upon as of late.

The game finished in a 19-2 win for the Rangers, and with this win, FHC finishes its conference season with an undefeated 6-0 record. Going into the game 13-1, the boys will look to secure another big win on Saturday, this time against St. Viator (IL) in Chicago.

Matthew Mahoney, Sports Reporter

Matthew is a sophomore at FHC and is writing for his first year on the FHC Sports Report. He plays soccer for Midwest United FC in the spring, for FHC...