• BREAKING NEWS: Last day of school is 6/7 with no days to be added

Girls varsity soccer defeats South Christian in a thriller 2-1 en route to eleventh straight win

Coming off an impressive 13-0 win at home against Ottawa Hills, the girls varsity soccer team hit the road to take on the South Christian Sailors in a non-conference game. The girls got the win 2-1 in a very physical game. Senior captain Ashley Ward had both goals for FHC and got some help from freshman Lauren Koczenasz and junior Kelsey Toole. Junior goalie Hannah Becker also had a phenomenal game at goalie, making some immaculate saves throughout the game.

Ashley put the ladies on the board in just the first 15 minutes of the game with a beautiful cross from Lauren. In a very physical game with both teams playing very aggressive offensively and getting lots of opportunities at the net, the Lady Rangers did a great job of continuing to connect passes. Later in the half, Ashley put in another goal off a pass from Kelsey through a couple of Sailor defenders. FHC went into the locker room up 2-0 on the Sailors.

The second half was much like the first in the fact that both teams continued to be aggressors offensively and play physically. South Christian scored halfway through the second half, but the Ranger defense did a great job of staying strong on the defensive end. Hannah made an incredible save with only one second on the clock to give FHC the win 2-1.

This win puts the Lady Rangers’ overall record at 14-2. FHC will have its biggest game of the season against the Lowell Red Arrows on Wednesday night for the OK White Conference championship.

Tommy Spaletto, Sports Report

Tommy Spaletto is a junior at FHC and enters his second year on the staff. He looks to finish out his remaining years in high school and he sees journalism...