• BREAKING NEWS: Last day of school is 6/7 with no days to be added

• Senior graduation: 5/21 at 7 p.m.

Boys JV lacrosse finishes season 17-2 with an 11-8 loss to Detroit Catholic Central

Boys JV lacrosse traveled to Detroit for the second time this week to face off against DCC. It was a competitive game from start to finish, but the Shamrocks finished out on top 11-8.

The Rangers found themselves down early against their cross-state rivals. The Shamrock offense swiftly took action with a 3-0 lead from the start. The Ranger defense isn’t used to playing against this style of offense. Instead of just passing to get a better shot, the Shamrocks’ talented strikers would take the Rangers d-poles 1-on-1. After a slow start, the Rangers eventually adapted to the strange attack and changed their approach on the defensive end. After a few stops, the Rangers managed to push the ball up the field and ultimately put up four goals before the end of the half just behind the seven goals put up by the Shamrocks.

The Rangers took control in the second half after trailing 7-4 at the half. They started out early with a goal from sophomore Collin Ward. The rest of the half was a barrage of back-and-forth possessions for both teams. Freshman John Tomsheck was big in the late minutes and had three goals on the night. Freshman Miles Duiven also had a big game, as he helped set up the Rangers for success. Sophomore Sawyer Bosch held down the defensive side of the game, shutting down star attackers from CC. FHC managed to stay with the Shamrocks until the very end when they scored a few goals to clutch the win.

Boys JV lacrosse finished the season 17-2 in the regular season and 6-0 in the conference. The Rangers are going to have a very successful season with the upcoming freshman and sophomores next year, and FHC will continue to be a dominant program in the area.

Jacob Ervin, Sports Reporter

Jacob Ervin is a sophomore at FHC, entering his first year on staff. He is an aspiring student, and is planning to finish his high school career at Central....