Student Council Q&A: Sarah Buchanan

Name: Sarah Buchanan

Grade: Junior

Running for: Treasurer

1. Why are you running?

“I am running because I love being a leader of my class. I was a Student Council officer my freshman and sophomore years, and I loved it so much, so I am very excited to return to Student Council. I love helping plan all of the events that go into the school year, as well as the service projects that we get to lead and support.”

2. How do you believe you can help your grade?

“I believe I can help my grade the most by being inclusive to everyone. I am very passionate about all of the duties that come along with being an officer, and I hope that I can help by putting my best effort into any task that I am given.”

3. What changes would you like to see in your grade?

“If I could see one major change in our grade, it would be the amount of involvement. In previous years, I’ve heard fellow classmates say things like ‘I’ll help/join when I’m a senior.’ Well, the time has come for our final year. I hope to see a large increase in the involvement of our class. Also, I hope that as a whole, we can have a positive and optimistic attitude going into our final year.”

4. Do you have experience with Student Council?

“Yes. I have a lot of prior Student Council experience, including secretary in eighth grade, vice president freshman year, and trustee sophomore year.”

5. What is the most gratifying part of being on Student Council? 

“The most gratifying part of Student Council is definitely seeing our class succeed. It’s fun to see the excitement and pride [of] my fellow classmates when we do really well in a class competition. It reminds us that all of our hard work is paying off.”

6. Why should students vote for you?

“I am running unopposed for treasurer, but I hope to be an understanding, approachable, and fair leader of our class this upcoming year.”