Boys JV soccer suffers devastating loss to Ottawa Hills Bengals 2-1

The boys JV soccer team headed out to Ottawa Hills High School last night to take on the Bengals in yet another OK White conference matchup. Sadly for the team, the boys were unable to come out with a victory and fell to the Bengals with a score of 2-1. 

Freshman Bryce Notarnicola was the one to score the Rangers only goal on the night. He was able to dribble it in and hit a nice shot into the back of the net from just inside the 18-yard box. Bryce also played extremely well throughout the entirety of the game and was a very influential player in all aspects of the attacking side of the game, but he was unable to bury all of his chances.

Even though the Rangers were not able to pull off a win, they still had several players who stood out and made an impact. Freshman Gavin O’Meara never faltered on defense and held a string line in the back row. As a defensive center-midfielder, freshman AJ Knape was able to contribute to the game on the defensive side, and on the attacking side, he was working the ball up the center of the field for opportunities from the forwards. Just in front of AJ was freshman Noah Burr, who was a solid player in the attacking midfielder position and won plenty of 50-50 balls. 

The boys JV soccer team is set to take on the Caledonia Fighting Scots in its upcoming game this Saturday. The game will be played at Caledonia’s field and kick-off will take place at 10 AM.