Boys JV soccer defeats two conference rivals in Greenville and Cedar Springs

This past week, the boys JV soccer team took on two OK White Conference teams: the Greenville Yellowjackets and the Cedar Springs Red Hawks. The Rangers were able to walk away with two wins in these games, as well as a shut-out in each match. 

The Rangers first headed over to Greenville for their first obstacle: defeating the Yellowjackets. After a very close game till the end, FHC was able to pull off a victory with a score of 2-0. Sophomore Bryce Notarnicola had both goals for the Rangers and dominated in the forward position. Right behind him was freshman Myles Shoham in the center-midfield position, who distributed the ball to the forwards very well throughout the entirety of the game. In the defense, sophomore Gavin O’Meara held his ground and led the defensive line while allowing zero goals as well from the Yellowjacket forwards. 

Following this win, the Rangers took on the Red Hawks on their home turf. Once again, this was another close game; however, the Rangers prevailed victorious with a score of 2-0. The first goal for the Rangers came off a corner kick by sophomore AJ Knape. AJ crossed a beautiful ball into the middle of the box, and Bryce was able to finish the ball into the bottom corner of the goal. The Rangers next goal came from sophomore Sam Yeager, who had a great run up the field, placing the ball just past the goalie’s hands. Several Rangers had an impressive performance, including sophomore Ryan Fitzgerald who held the defense in place and played very strong in the center back position. Along with Ryan, sophomore Nick Grooters had a solid game in the midfield and won several 50-50 balls in the middle. 

The Rangers’ next game will be this Saturday, September, 28. They will be taking on the Portage Northern High School Huskies at 10:00 am.